geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Lin Sun <linsun....@gmail.com>
Subject [discuss]atinject tck
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2010 13:30:32 GMT
Hi

I have been investigating how to run the JSR 330 tck (also called the
atinject tck), as this is a requirement for Java EE 6 compliance.

I am able to check out the open web bean project and run its atinject
tck from the open web bean project checkout dir, using the atinject
tck runner provided by open web bean   Basically the atinject tck
runner deploys the tck test classes (note it is not an archive) to a
stand-alone test container and the atinect tck tests verifies various
fields/constructors/methods are injected correctly.   The special part
of the atinject tck is that there is no Java EE archive and all tests
are written as junit tests.

My first thought is we could reuse the atinject tck runner from open
web bean project to run the tck, but the concern is that the tests are
only deployed to a stand-alone test container instead of the Geronimo
server.  So I am not sure if that is valid.

My current thoughts are that atinject tck is relatively small and are
junit tests thus it is reasonable to run in a stand-alone test
container.  The JCDI(JSR 299) tck overlaps some of the atinject tck
and should run with the real Application Server like Geronimo.

If we also agree with this approach, I think we can just reuse the
atinject tck runner in open web bean.   WDYT?

Lin