geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Ivan <xhh...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Geronimo web profile 3.0 startup time
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2010 01:25:44 GMT
Hi
    Recently, I looked at a little about the Geronimo web-profile 3.0
startup time, comparing with the 2.2 release, the components below takes
more time :
    a. Start up Tomcat container, it took 3s while 2s in the past. At first
glance at it, it is caused by TomcatServerGBean, guess that it is due to the
new Tomcat 7, will double check it later.
    b. ApplicationJndi GBean is also an issue, for the simple
remote-deploy-webapplication, it tooks more than 3s to startup the
ApplicationJndi GBean.
    c. System-database also takes 11s at the first time startup, and it
should be caused by some DB initialization work, we might try to do some
initialization work in the building time.

    Generally speaking, the most problem is for the item b, not sure why it
took so much time for the jndi building, I have not checked it, anyone has
ideas on it ? Another thing is that, in the past, I have some concern for
the bundle copying, but currently, it seems that it does not affect the
startup time too much :-)

--
Ivan