geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Lin Sun <>
Subject Re: [discuss]Web profile assemblies
Date Mon, 23 Aug 2010 18:37:52 GMT
Ok, thanks, I'll take your recommendation and keep both. :)

I just removed the webservices-common and webservices-builder.

We still need geronimo-webservices module since it is used by
geronimo-tomcat whenever user requests to retrieve to see the wsdl via
http and the work is delegated to the geronimo-webservices.

So in additional to the base web profile, I think we added the
following support:

javaee management/deployment
jaspic (currently in)

Did the above sound right to people?

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 6:10 AM, Rick McGuire <> wrote:
>  On 8/20/2010 4:36 PM, Lin Sun wrote:
>> It seems hard to remove javamail given openejb depends on it.   At
>> least for the javamail schema for JNDI, which is used by the
>> openejb-client.
>> Also, I don't quite understand this comment in G roomt pom.xml -
>>            <!-- Use
>> org.apache.geronimo.javamail/geronimo-javamail_1.4_mail
>>               uber jar containing both the spec and the providers in order
>> that
>>               users can actually use mail without advanced degrees in
>> geronimo
>>               classloading.  DO NOT add or replace this with
>>               org.apache.geronimo.specs/geronimo-javamail_1.4_spec -->
>>             <dependency>
>>                 <groupId>org.apache.geronimo.javamail</groupId>
>>                 <artifactId>geronimo-javamail_1.4_mail</artifactId>
>>                 <version>1.8.1</version>
>>             </dependency>
>> This seems to indicate that it is recommended to have java mail spec
>> and impl together as dependency, instead of just using the spec jar.
> The uber jar is required in order for the Geronimo mail component to work
> correctly, since it configures the various transport implementations.  If
> that is removed, it might be possible to revert to just the spec jar, but I
> think I'd recommend against it because it makes it more difficult to
> incrementally add the full javamail support back in.
> Rick
>> Lin
>>> 1. whether we keep jaspi and javamail in web profile assembly?  I
>>> personally would say no, but open to opinions.

View raw message