geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Vamsavardhana Reddy <>
Subject Geronimo Server Trunk - Compilation Errors shown in Eclipse workspace
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2010 11:28:02 GMT

After building the Geronimo 3.0 trunk, I see some errors shown in Eclipse
when I import the projects into workspace. The following are few such.

Error: The blank final field parameterTypes may not have been initialized
Source location: Line 82 in

The source line is
                private String[] types = (String[])
parameterTypes.toArray(new String[parameterTypes.size()]);

Examining the source indicates that the field parameterTypes is very much
initialized. Also, there is no build error while building the project using

Error: The method getAllAppenders() is undefined for the type Logger
Source location: Line 342 in

The source line is
        for (Enumeration e = Logger.getRootLogger().getAllAppenders();
e.hasMoreElements();) {

A similar error is shown with 7 other source lines in the same file

Any idea how to get rid of these errors shown in Eclipse?
I am using Eclipse Platform Version: 3.4.1 Build id: M20080911-1700 on
Windows XP SP3, with Sun JDK 1.6.0_20.

View raw message