geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release new geronimo-annotation_1.1 1.0.1 and geronimo-jaxb_2.2 1.0.1 spec versions
Date Thu, 19 Aug 2010 19:22:37 GMT
+1

Signatures/checksums, source, build, license/notice -- all look good.

One minor problem -- NOTICE file in the generated jar annotation file looks like:

  Annotation 1.1
  Copyright 2003-2010 The Apache Software Foundation

This is different from the NOTICE file in the source. Not sure where this file or the "Annotation
1.1" comes from, but notice should say "Apache Geronimo" or "Apache Geronimo Annotation Spec"
or similar. I'm ok as is, but would like to see this fixed in all future releases...

Also, I think the the source archive files should be explicitly called out by release manager
in any release vote. From a apache legal standpoint, this is what the project is "releasing"
and what the community should be voting on. So, IMO, should be quite obvious in any release
vote. I've voted on the following archives:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachegeronimo-123/org/apache/geronimo/specs/geronimo-annotation_1.1_spec/1.0.1/geronimo-annotation_1.1_spec-1.0.1-source-release.tar.gz

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachegeronimo-123/org/apache/geronimo/specs/geronimo-jaxb_2.2_spec/1.0.1/geronimo-jaxb_2.2_spec-1.0.1-source-release.tar.gz

--kevan

On Aug 18, 2010, at 7:08 AM, Rick McGuire wrote:

> These are bug fix releases to fix problems in the common annotation and jaxb spec bundles.
>
> The common annotations bundle included a package (javax.annotation.processing) that is
not part of the common annotations specification.  This package is part of the base Java SE
6 support, so this has been removed from the common annotations jar.