geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] maven-plugins 1.1 for Geronimo Eclipse Plugins
Date Tue, 10 Aug 2010 04:49:23 GMT

On Aug 9, 2010, at 10:26 PM, Delos wrote:

> Hi Kevan,
> Thanks for your reply!
> maven-plugin 1.1 is parent of maven-eclipsepde-plugin 1.1. We only have source code for
maven-eclipsepde-plugin. You may find it under

Right. That's the sources jar file, I mentioned. The jar file is not a replacement for a source
distribution file. As you note, it does not contain the necessary files (to build).

> Do you mean maven-eclipsepde-plugin-1.1-sources.jar is not buildable?  It's generated
by release plugin. All the source jar generated by the plugin doesn't contain a pom, so we
can't build it. Is there anything wrong in my understanding?

for examples of source "distributions", n

> If you hope to build the source, I'm afraid you need to check out the tag first.

No. As a release manager, you are preparing a source distribution file. That is the artifact(s)
that the community is "releasing". Our community expects that the contents of this source
distribution will match the contents of the svn tag. However, the vote should be performed
on the source distribution file (not svn).

In case there's any question, I'm -1 until this issue is resolved.

View raw message