geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Geronimo 3.0 SNAPSHOT dependencies
Date Tue, 31 Aug 2010 14:56:15 GMT
  I think it's about time to take a look at the SNAPSHOT dependencies we
still have in Geronimo and see if we can start resolving some of these
or find out from some of our dependent projects when they might be able
to create a new release.  I'm actually quite surprised to see how few
SNAPSHOTs we're still using.  Here's what I've found currently:

OpenEJB 3.2-SNAPSHOT -- this will probably be one of the last ones that
will be locked down.  Not much can be done at this time.
XBean 3.8-SNAPSHOT -- Based on what happened with the 3.0-M1 release, we
probably want to release this one well in advance of the Geronimo
release since it end up being at the root of a lot of dependency
chains.  Is this tree ready for a new release so this can be started now?
Transaction manager 3.1-SNAPSHOT -- we'll be releasing this ourselves
and I suspect this can easily be delayed until shortly before preparing
the 3.0 release candidate.
Axiom 1.2.8_1-SNAPSHOT -- bundlized version of axiom 1.2.8.  Probably a
good idea to make that  a released bundle now.
geronimo-ejb_3.1_spec 1.1-SNAPSHOT -- Another that needs to be released
early because of other component dependencies.
Aries 0.2-incubating-SNAPSHOT -- Release vote is currently underway, so
we should have something soon.
Felix framework 3.1.0-SNAPSHOT -- This contains a fix for a problem we
encountered with the resolver.  We'll need a release before shipping.
I'll ping the Felix project about possibly getting a new release rolled
out.
ActiveMQ 5.4-SNAPSHOT -- 5.4.0 has been released, but caused a TCK
regression.  There will probably be a 5.4.1 bug fix released available
in a couple of weeks.  We should probably poke the community for a new
release soon.
Jetty 8.0.0.M2-SNAPSHOT -- 8.0.0.M1 was released in mid July and I'm not
seeing any discussion of a target for an M2 release on the dev list.  We
should ask the question soon and see if we can get an estimate on when
they might have their next release.
javaassist 3.7.ga_1-SNAPSHOT from the servicemix bundles -- A
non-SNAPSHOT version of this is available, so this should be updated now.
Openwebbeans 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT -- Like OpenEJB, probably an item that can't
be replaced with a released version until close to the server release.

Comments?

Rick