geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 2.2.x
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2010 13:35:51 GMT

On 8/20/2010 9:25 AM, Kevan Miller wrote:
> I'm hoping we'll have things lined up for 2.2.x release in mid-September. branches/2.2
is currently 2.2.2-SNAPSHOT. As we were preparing for a minimal 2.2.1 release. Given where
we are, I think we discard the thoughts of this minimal update, and change branches/2.2 back
to 2.2.1-SNAPSHOT. This could cause some maven resolution issues. One way to find out, I guess.
Any comments?
I think at this point the blockers to releasing the minimal 2.2.1
release and the 2.2.2 release are essentially the same.  I think
scrapping the current 2.2.1 branch and rolling the branches/2.2 back to
2.2.1-SNAPSHOT makes a lot of sense.  I'm not aware of any maven
resolution issues this will created, but maven can be a constant source
of surprise.  It might not be a bad idea to delete all of the 2.2.1 and
2.2.2 artifacts from the apache snapshot repository before committing
these changes.

Rick