geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NOTICE files in the spec projects
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2010 13:09:43 GMT
  On 8/20/2010 9:03 AM, Kevan Miller wrote:
> On Aug 20, 2010, at 6:07 AM, Rick McGuire wrote:
>
>> 2)  Should the source NOTICE file be kept as is or changed to match the generated
NOTICE file?  Keeping these the same is definitely a manual process, so there's a good chance
there will be drift over time.  I suspect there's also a good chance that new projects will
get created by using an existing project as a model, so it's also likely that mismatches will
get included that way.  I think I would lean toward using the common source NOTICE file with
the generic "Apache Geronimo" name.
> Since I wasn't clear -- "Apache Geronimo" is a good solution. Necessary and sufficient...

Sounds good.  I assume I should also take a pass at the other Geronimo
subprojects (bundles, ext, components, etc.) to ensure there is some
consistency here.

Rick