geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Policy for granting access to Geronimo TCK materials
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2010 09:49:04 GMT
I can't think of any reason why the 72-hour wait needs to be conditined.

Rick

https://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxPMGT/geronimo-project-policies.html#GeronimoProjectPolicies-AccesstoTCK

> The policy describes a 72 hour waiting period when granting non-Geronimo committers read-only
access to our TCK test harness. This period was intended to allow the Geronimo PMC time to
provide oversight on these requests. Presumably, a PMC member could block someone's request
(though this has never occurred and I can't, frankly, imagine a case where we would block
someone's request). If we had our preference, our TCK test harness would not be in a private
svn. It would instead be publicly readable by all.

> I would like to remove the 72 hour waiting period from our policy. If an ASF committer
requests access to our test harness, I believe we should grant this access immediately.

> The 72 hour waiting period might have been more meaningful when the Geronimo project
maintained and distributed the Sun (now Oracle) TCK. As a reminder, these materials are obtained
via an agreement between the ASF and Sun/Oracle. To gain access to these materials, an ASF
committer must sign an NDA. We still maintain/distribute the Sun/Oracle TCK for Java EE 5.
However, the JCP project is maintaining the newer TCK materials. The JCP does not have a waiting
period for granting access to the JCP maintained TCK materials.

> Comments? Objections? If I don't hear any objections, I'll plan on updating our policy
and removing the 72 hour window...