geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo Server Trunk - Compilation Errors shown in Eclipse workspace
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2010 13:28:21 GMT
I don't have any answers. IIRC, this doesn't stop you from using eclipse. I always build outside
of my IDE, anyway...

There are newer versions of Eclipse. Current is Helios (3.6).  Good chance that at least some
of your problems are fixed...

On Aug 11, 2010, at 7:28 AM, Vamsavardhana Reddy wrote:

> Hi,
>
> After building the Geronimo 3.0 trunk, I see some errors shown in Eclipse when I import
the projects into workspace. The following are few such.

> 1)
> Error: The blank final field parameterTypes may not have been initialized
> Source location: Line 82 in geronimo-kernel/src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/gbean/runtime/GBeanOperation.java
>
> The source line is
>                 private String[] types = (String[]) parameterTypes.toArray(new String[parameterTypes.size()]);
>
> Examining the source indicates that the field parameterTypes is very much initialized.
Also, there is no build error while building the project using maven.

Seems like an Eclipse compiler bug.

{

> A similar error is shown with 7 other source lines in the same file

Either a compiler bug, or the wrong version of Logger is being used for the compilation (assuming
there's a version of log4j where getAllAppenders() is not a valid Category/Logger method...

--kevan