try another OPTs?..

JAVA_OPTS     -Xms256m -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m

2010/7/5 han hongfang <hanhongfang@gmail.com>
Hi,

I'm trying to build geronimo server trunk with sun jdk 1.6.0_20 on my winXP. I have this environment variable set.

         MAVEN_OPTS = -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m

Before issue the build command, I echo this variable in command prompt window, and I can see the value is exactly what I have set (-Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m).

Then I issue the build command (i.e., mvn clean install) in the root dir of trunk, the build gets failed in serveral minutes with error msg indicates out of memory.

[INFO] Compilation failure
Failure executing javac, but could not parse the error:
The system is out of resources.
Consult the following stack trace for details.
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
 at java.util.ArrayList.newElementArray(Unknown Source)
 at java.util.ArrayList.growAtEnd(Unknown Source)
 at java.util.ArrayList.add(Unknown Source)

When I echo the environment variable again, but its value changes to "-Xmx512m".

Does somebody know what happened to MAVEN_OPTS? Why its value changes after build command?

TIA.
--
Best regards,

Han Hong Fang