geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Geronimo Eclipse Plugin 3.0M1 - second try
Date Sat, 17 Jul 2010 01:52:25 GMT
Delos,
One favor, please? Could you use plain text rather than html in your mailing list postings?

I did not build, since builds aren't working on Mac OS. I reviewed source, generated binaries,
and installed in Helios (but did not test extensively).

Source looked good. I didn't see any problems.

Generated jar's have multiple license/notice files (with different content). I believe the
.txt files contain the appropriate license. This is at best confusing and *must* be fixed
for any future releases. E.g:

  -rw-rw-rw-     11358   6-Jul-2010  21:53:40  meta-inf/license
  -rw-rw-rw-       480   6-Jul-2010  21:53:40  META-INF/NOTICE.txt
  -rw-rw-rw-       159   6-Jul-2010  21:53:40  meta-inf/notice
  -rw-rw-rw-     11358   6-Jul-2010  21:53:40  META-INF/LICENSE.txt

Here's my +1.

--kevan

On Jul 6, 2010, at 12:18 PM, Delos wrote:

> Hi everyone, Please review and vote on the release of the Geronimo Eclipse Plugin 3.0M1
RC2.

> Note: Now, GEP 3.0M1 can only build on Windows and Linux, but fail to build on Mac. Because
eclipse 3.6 no longer support carbon and maven-eclipsepde-plugin doesn't support new cocoa
package,  GEP can't build successfully on Mac until a new maven-eclipsepde-plugin is released.
It's not a problem of GEP itself, so I think it's not a big issue blocking the release. Please
see GERONIMODEVTOOLS-649 for details.

> The source code zip is here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachegeronimo-039/org/apache/geronimo/devtools/geronimo-eclipse-plugin/3.0_M1/geronimo-eclipse-plugin-3.0_M1-source-release.tar.gz
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachegeronimo-039/org/apache/geronimo/devtools/geronimo-eclipse-plugin/3.0_M1/geronimo-eclipse-plugin-3.0_M1-source-release.zip
>
> The deployable zip file is here:
>
> http://people.apache.org/builds/geronimo/eclipse/3.0M1/geronimo-eclipse-plugin-3.0_M1-deployable.zip
>
> The update site zip file is here:
>
> http://people.apache.org/builds/geronimo/eclipse/3.0M1/geronimo-eclipse-plugin-3.0_M1-updatesite.zip
>

> The tag is here:
>
>  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/devtools/eclipse-plugin/tags/geronimo-eclipse-plugin-3.0_M1/
>

> If you would like to review and/or comment on the release notes, they are here:
> http://people.apache.org/builds/geronimo/eclipse/3.0M1/PLUGIN_RELEASE-NOTES-3.0_M1.txt
>
> Finally, I've created a Staging Site that can be used to test the update manager functions
(i.e., p2 in Halios or Galileo) of Eclipse for downloading the GEP itself.