geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject JCDI and Bean Validation TCKs
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2010 04:44:53 GMT
Currently we have these setup in the private svn where the Java EE TCK porting modules live.
 The JCDI and Bean Validation TCKs are public Apache licensed, so we could move the porting
modules for those two TCKs into our public svn.

The part of my brain that finds esthetic pleasure in filling cabinets likes everything all
organized in the one VM, but the part of me that likes to be more public than private thinks
it's unnecessarily restrictive to make people sign the Sun/Apache NDA to get access to things
not under that restriction.  Specifically, everyone in the related communities (OpenWebBeans,
OpenEJB) could easily access the public TCKs.  Mark and Gurkan fall into that category now.
 Both are in the process of getting NDAs filled, but we could definitely speed that up by
opening the porting code to the public.

We might even be able to work the JCDI and Bean Validation into our larger test suite right
in the main build as they only take a moments to run.

Thoughts?

-David