geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release new versions of the Geronimo bundle components
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2010 12:59:46 GMT

On Jul 20, 2010, at 6:35 AM, Rick McGuire wrote:

> Meant to send this to the list, not directly to Vamsi.
>
> On 7/20/2010 2:38 AM, Vamsavardhana Reddy wrote:
>> I am getting an error with rat:check on Windows XP SP3, maven-2.2.1.  Build output
given below.
> If you run rat:check after building the code, the rat step is picking up the velocity.log
file that is left over from the plugin that creates the merged LICENSE and NOTICE files.
The rat check passes cleanly if you delete the velocity.log file or run it against a clean
checkout.

I failed to mention in my vote, that the velocity.log files are being included in the source
distributions. Although this is undesirable, it does not, in and of itself (IMO), justify
a -1. Also, because the files are machine generated, they don't need a source license header.

--kevan