geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jarek Gawor <jga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JCDI and Bean Validation TCKs
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2010 05:37:10 GMT
My main concern is that if we move the JCDI and Bean Validation
porting code to public svn location then we will effectively have two
mailing lists for discussing tck issues, two jira places for filing
and tracking tck challenges, possibly two wiki places for tck info,
etc. And we will have to be extra careful to discuss a given tck
problem on the right list... and sooner or later somebody will use the
wrong list.
Yes, it would be nice to have this stuff in open but I'm just
wondering how much headache it will be to keep track of it all and
maintain it.

Jarek

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 12:44 AM, David Blevins <david.blevins@visi.com> wrote:
> Currently we have these setup in the private svn where the Java EE TCK porting modules
live.  The JCDI and Bean Validation TCKs are public Apache licensed, so we could move the
porting modules for those two TCKs into our public svn.

> The part of my brain that finds esthetic pleasure in filling cabinets likes everything
all organized in the one VM, but the part of me that likes to be more public than private
thinks it's unnecessarily restrictive to make people sign the Sun/Apache NDA to get access
to things not under that restriction.  Specifically, everyone in the related communities
(OpenWebBeans, OpenEJB) could easily access the public TCKs.  Mark and Gurkan fall into that
category now.  Both are in the process of getting NDAs filled, but we could definitely speed
that up by opening the porting code to the public.

> We might even be able to work the JCDI and Bean Validation into our larger test suite
right in the main build as they only take a moments to run.