geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From han hongfang <hanhongf...@gmail.com>
Subject Out of memory error when building geronimo
Date Mon, 05 Jul 2010 07:57:00 GMT
 Hi,

I'm trying to build geronimo server trunk with sun jdk 1.6.0_20 on my winXP.
I have this environment variable set.

         MAVEN_OPTS = -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m

Before issue the build command, I echo this variable in command prompt
window, and I can see the value is exactly what I have set (-Xmx1024m
-XX:MaxPermSize=256m).

Then I issue the build command (i.e., mvn clean install) in the root dir of
trunk, the build gets failed in serveral minutes with error msg indicates
out of memory.

[INFO] Compilation failure
Failure executing javac, but could not parse the error:
 The system is out of resources.
Consult the following stack trace for details.
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
 at java.util.ArrayList.newElementArray(Unknown Source)
 at java.util.ArrayList.growAtEnd(Unknown Source)
 at java.util.ArrayList.add(Unknown Source)

When I echo the environment variable again, but its value changes to
"-Xmx512m".

Does somebody know what happened to MAVEN_OPTS? Why its value changes after
build command?

TIA.
 --
Best regards,