geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rex Wang <rwo...@gmail.com>
Subject ${project.version} is a problem..
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2010 02:56:42 GMT
Hi,

I suggest we stop using ${project.version} in 3.0's pom.
This maven variable will magicly change when I create a new sub-project
which has it own version.
For example,
When I create a new server assembly "abc" under the assemblies project, and
the abc's pom has it own version 3.0.0.0:
    <parent>
        <groupId>org.apache.geronimo.assemblies</groupId>
        <artifactId>assemblies</artifactId>
        <version>3.0-M1</version>
    </parent>

    <groupId>c.i.w.assemblies</groupId>
    <artifactId>abc</artifactId>
    <version>3.0.0.0</version>
    <packaging>server-assembly</packaging>

Then, in its effective pom, maven will replace all the ${project.version}
defined in parent pom with 3.0.0.0

I think we use ${geronimoVersion} instead and specify geronimoVersion
explicitly in root pom.

Thoughts?

--
Lei Wang (Rex)