geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jarek Gawor <jga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r963537 - in /geronimo/server/trunk/plugins/connector-1_6/geronimo-connector-builder-1_6/src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/connector/deployment: AdminObjectRefBuilder.java ResourceRefBuilder.java
Date Fri, 23 Jul 2010 18:24:40 GMT
On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 11:57 AM, David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> Yes, I think so - if we want to lookup gbeans in service registry
>> instead of the kernel registry. We could also revert the code and go
>> back to old way of doing things. That is, lookup gbeans in kernel
>> registry for java namespace and register service factories for these
>> gbeans in service registry for osgi/aries namespace lookups.
>
> After thinking about this a bit I think we should register the gbean for the MCF or ConnectionManager
as a service and, for javaee, use a reference that calls a createConnectionFactory() method
on this service.  This is fairly similar to what we used to do before https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-434

David,

Please correct me if I'm wrong but the change to use aries:services/
jndi lookup is not really necessary for anything. AFAIK it only really
provides a nicer integration between osgi and Geronimo. If so, I think
we should just revert the recent changes and instead focus on more
pressing issues. If we go with the 2 service idea we have to refactor
other code (such as the javamail plugin for example) to register the 2
services. And there might be other places that we have to refactor.

Jarek