geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jarek Gawor <jga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r963537 - in /geronimo/server/trunk/plugins/connector-1_6/geronimo-connector-builder-1_6/src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/connector/deployment: AdminObjectRefBuilder.java ResourceRefBuilder.java
Date Wed, 21 Jul 2010 15:48:12 GMT
On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 3:49 AM, David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Jul 20, 2010, at 10:24 PM, Jarek Gawor wrote:
>
>> David,
>>
>> Most jndi lookups via the java namespace are supposed to return an
>> unique instance on each lookup. If we route the java namespace lookups
>> directly to service registry lookups we will no longer be returning
>> unique instances because service registry lookups are cached
>> automatically. So we really need to do what we have done before and
>> lookup a gbean in SR and call .$getResource() on it. That also means
>> that each gbean that implements ResourceSource interface must not
>> implement the ServiceFactory interface where getService() calls
>> $getResource().
>>

> Does this mean that if we want to make the datasources available directly in the osgi
or aries namespace, perhaps always returning the same instance, and also want to satisfy the
uniqueness requirement for looking it up in the java: namespace, we need to register 2 services
in the service registry?

Yes, I think so - if we want to lookup gbeans in service registry
instead of the kernel registry. We could also revert the code and go
back to old way of doing things. That is, lookup gbeans in kernel
registry for java namespace and register service factories for these
gbeans in service registry for osgi/aries namespace lookups.

Jarek