geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Adrian Trenaman <TRENA...@progress.com>
Subject RE: Shared bundle repository
Date Tue, 13 Jul 2010 10:28:29 GMT
Hi Guillaume,

I think a shared repository for OSGi bundles at Apache would be great; far better to have
one well-known place with lots of activity around it rather than have multiple repositories
each being only partly maintained in an ad-hoc manner.

Rather than have this as a sub-project of either SMX or Geronimo, why not create a new Apache
project for this?

Best,
Ade.

From: Guillaume Nodet [gnodet@gmail.com]
Sent: 13 July 2010 11:05
To: dev; dev
Subject: Shared bundle repository

I guess we're not the only projects at Apache doing that, but at least
we do it the same way.
I wonder if we could cooperate more closely and have a common ground
for releasing such bundles and making them available to others.
I think having a single point to find OSGi bundles would be a great
benefit for all OSGi-fied projects at Apache and also for the
downstream users.

Thoughts ?

Btw, I'm just starting this thread because I've seen Rick is in the
process of releasing some bundles in Geronimo ...

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet