geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <dwo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JCDI and Bean Validation TCKs
Date Wed, 21 Jul 2010 17:16:51 GMT

On 7/21/10 12:04 AM, Jarek Gawor wrote:
> Ok, it sounds like more people prefer to move these tcks into a public
> svn location.
>
> So I guess we should create a
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/tck repo and move the tcks
> over. There should be no problem with moving the following modules
> (since it's all Apache licensed stuff):
>
> 1) jboss-test-harness-geronimo - integration code between jboss test
> harness & geronimo which is used by #2 and #3
> 2) jcdi-testsuite - jcdi tck runner
> 3) validator-testsuite - bean validation tck runner
>
> But I also would like to move the following two modules:
>
> 4) jaxb-testsuite - jaxb tck runner
> 5) stax-testsuite - stax tck runner
>
> #4 and #5 are basically just pom files that download the right
> Geronimo dependencies and unix shell scripts that run the given tck in
> batch mode. The actual tck must be downloaded/setup separately. They
> do however contain a JavaTest configuration file that configures the
> tck. So I'm not 100% sure if these modules can be moved because of
> that config file.

Sounds good.

> Also, should these modules move to
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/tck/trunk or to
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/tck/branches/3.0 to mimic
> the setup we have in geronimo-tck repo?

I'd mirror the current layout with branches/3.0/

-Donald

> If there are no major objections to this plan I'll start working on it tomorrow.
>
> Jarek
>
> On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 1:19 PM, Kevan Miller <kevan.miller@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I think its going to be significantly harder to maintain out in the open and
there is much more likelyhood of slips in talking about NDA stuff on public lists, but I don't
think we have any good argument for keeping the harnesses for these tcks in the private svn.
 IMO ideally all the tcks would be public so I feel a bit morally obligated to put anything
that can be public, in public.

>> Good discussion. My preference would be to err on the side of openness. So, would
prefer to see the harnesses in public svn and documentation on public Wiki. I think we can
maintain any actual TCK challenges using TCK Jira and TCK mailing list (i.e. use the existing
mechanisms for ASF communications with Oracle). Would assume that most challenges would have
been preceded by a public discussion...

>> If we mess up and accidentally reveal some private TCK information, then so be it.
Accidents have (and will) happen. In my experience, you can find a lot more TCK private information
on Sun/Oracle's bug reports then we've ever revealed. Not saying we should ignore the issue.
Just saying we shouldn't lose much sleep over it, either...