geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <dwo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question about geronimoHome configuration in geronimo-maven-plugin
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2010 15:27:20 GMT
You could also set it as a property in the pom, like -
  <properties>
    <geronimoHome>${project.build.outputDirectory}</geronimoHome>
  </properties>

which allows users to override it either in settings.xml or on the
command line.  In your case, you could define a profile in settings.xml
that sets geronimoHome for your specific machine and then enable it when
building, like -
    mvn clean install -Pg30home

Including hard-coded paths in poms is not a best practice, unless you
allow users to override it.  Otherwise, we are adding profiles that are
specific to each user's machine and making the pom harder to maintain...

-Donald