geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OSGi handling of com.sun.jdi.* packages?
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2010 11:50:24 GMT
On 7/8/2010 7:32 AM, Mark Struberg wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Do we need to exclude com.sun.jdi.* packages in our OSGi Bundles and will those packages
be provided by default, or do we need to resolve them as optional?

The Geronimo OSGi framework includes all com.sun.* classes, so these
should be available.  However, the best approach would be to eliminate
dependencies on com.sun.* packages entirely, since those by definition
are non-portable.  This might preclude using your code on other JREs,
such as Harmony or the IBM J9 version.  If they can't be eliminated,
then I'd recommend making them optional packages and dealing with the
classes dynamically.

Rick