geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Out of memory error when building geronimo
Date Mon, 05 Jul 2010 09:38:37 GMT
same here, upgrading to PermGenSpace of 512m did help.

But currently the build still fails while building the tomcat7 integration:

[org.apache.geronimo.system.configuration.DependencyManager] : Could not start bundle: org.apache.geronimo.configs.tomcat7
[68]
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle org.apache.geronimo.configs.tomcat7
[68]: Unable to resolve 68.0: missing requirement [68.0] package; (package=org.apache.geronimo.tomcat)
- [68.0] package; (package=org.apache.geronimo.tomcat)
	at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.resolveBundle(Felix.java:3421)
	at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:1754)

LieGrue,
strub

--- On Mon, 7/5/10, Rex Wang <rwonly@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Rex Wang <rwonly@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Out of memory error when building geronimo
To: dev@geronimo.apache.org
Date: Monday, July 5, 2010, 9:08 AM

try another OPTs?..

JAVA_OPTS     -Xms256m -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m

2010/7/5 han hongfang <hanhongfang@gmail.com>

Hi,

I'm trying to build geronimo server trunk with sun jdk 1.6.0_20 on my winXP. I have this environment
variable set.

         MAVEN_OPTS = -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m

Before issue the build command, I echo this variable in command prompt window, and I can see
the value is exactly what I have set (-Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m).

Then I issue the build command (i.e., mvn clean install) in the root dir of trunk, the build
gets failed in serveral minutes with error msg indicates out of memory.

[INFO] Compilation failure
Failure executing javac, but could not parse the error:

The system is out of resources.
Consult the following stack trace for details.
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
 at java.util.ArrayList.newElementArray(Unknown Source)
 at java.util.ArrayList.growAtEnd(Unknown Source)
 at java.util.ArrayList.add(Unknown Source)

When I echo the environment variable again, but its value changes to "-Xmx512m".

Does somebody know what happened to MAVEN_OPTS? Why its value changes after build command?

TIA.

--
Best regards,

Han Hong Fang