geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Does Geronimo support JSON binding?
Date Sat, 03 Jul 2010 16:55:43 GMT
On Friday 02 July 2010 11:21:49 pm LinGong wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've add @Webservice annotation on the stateless session bean. But I need
> to use JSON as the transport format. So I add
> @BindingType(JSONBindingID.JSON_BINDING) on the same session bean(I add the
> jaxws-json-1.2.jar to the lib dir for the server.). But this will cause
> error when deploy to the server.

It certainly wouldn't work that way with Geronimo.   The
JSONBindingID.JSON_BINDING and  jaxws-json-1.2.jar is very specific to the
JAX-WS RI stuff from Sun with Geronimo doesn't use.  With geronimo, you would
either be using Axis2 or CXF and how you would enable JSON for either of those
would be very different.

I know with CXF, outside of Geronimo, you can configure in the Jettison Stax
stuff to support JSON.   There is some info at:

http://cxf.apache.org/docs/json-support.html

I'm not sure how that would apply to the way CXF is integrated into Geronimo.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org