geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Geronimo Eclipse Plugin 2.1.6 RC1
Date Sat, 17 Jul 2010 01:52:37 GMT
Delos,
Same request about using plain text, rather than html in your mailing list postings...

I did not build, since builds aren't working on Mac OS. I reviewed source, generated binaries,
and did not test.

Source looked good. I didn't see any problems.

Generated jar's have multiple license/notice files (just like 3.0-M1). Same comments...

Here's my +1.

--kevan
On Jul 8, 2010, at 10:12 AM, Delos wrote:

> Hi all, Please review and vote on the release of the Geronimo Eclipse Plugin 2.1.6 RC1.
GEP 2.1.6 supports Geronimo server 2.1.6 and Eclipse 3.6.

> Note: Now, GEP 2.1.6 can only build on Windows and Linux, but fail to build on Mac. Because
eclipse 3.6 no longer support carbon and maven-eclipsepde-plugin doesn't support new cocoa
package,  GEP can't build successfully on Mac until a new maven-eclipsepde-plugin is released.
It's not a problem of GEP itself, so I think it's not a big issue blocking the release. Please
see GERONIMODEVTOOLS-649 for details.

> The source code zip is here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachegeronimo-043/org/apache/geronimo/devtools/geronimo-eclipse-plugin/2.1.6/geronimo-eclipse-plugin-2.1.6-source-release.tar.gz
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachegeronimo-043/org/apache/geronimo/devtools/geronimo-eclipse-plugin/2.1.6/geronimo-eclipse-plugin-2.1.6-source-release.zip
>
> The deployable zip file is here:
>
> http://people.apache.org/builds/geronimo/eclipse/2.1.6/geronimo-eclipse-plugin-2.1.6-deployable.zip
>
> The update site zip file is here:
>
> http://people.apache.org/builds/geronimo/eclipse/2.1.6/geronimo-eclipse-plugin-2.1.6-updatesite.zip
>

> The tag is here:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/devtools/eclipse-plugin/tags/geronimo-eclipse-plugin-2.1.6/
>

> If you would like to review and/or comment on the release notes, they are here:
> http://people.apache.org/builds/geronimo/eclipse/updates/PLUGIN_RELEASE-NOTES-2.1.6.txt
>
> Finally, I've created a Staging Site that can be used to test the update manager functions
(i.e., p2 in Halios or Galileo) of Eclipse for downloading the GEP itself.