geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "viola.lu" <viola...@gmail.com>
Subject Geronimo 2.2.2 automation test code review against openejb clusters
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2010 11:32:19 GMT

Hi, dev:
 To save our test efforts,  i already automate tests againstopenejb three
ways of clusters: mulitcast, multipoint, singlepoint in geronimo 2.2.2, but
need your review and after that,  i will open jiras , and contribute it to
our test suites. Here i attached multicast automation test code, which is
same with other two.You just build geornimo 2.2.2., then go to mulicast
folder to run mvn clean integration-test or mvn clean install. My design is:
1.Create two servers with maven ant plugin which will copy servers from
geornimo tomcat javaee assemly and overridde config-subsitution.properties
to each server
2.Start two server instances , deploy loadbean to two servers, run ejb
client against two: failover:ejbd://127.0.0.1:4202,ejbd://127.0.0.1:4211"
3.Stop one server and run ejb client again. It still work, just on warning:
one server down.

There is one weakness here : configuration is set by copy and overwrite via
ant build.xml, so if geronimo server configuration is changed, we should
have to update our configuration file too. I intended to utilize
car-maven-plugin, but fail. if someone can provide a better idea, thanks in
advance! And as maven doesn't support distribution environment, so this test
case doesn't test across serveral physical machine.

Welcome any comments. Thanks in advance!

More details.
attachement:
http://apache-geronimo.328035.n3.nabble.com/file/n978260/multicast.zip
multicast.zip