geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Not able to configure spring-agent on Geronimo
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2010 16:40:38 GMT
Look at PersistenceUnitGBean to see how to do this in geronimo.

You need to define a gbean that will install the transformer into the geronimo transformer
framework.  You need to set the priority of the gbean to PRIORITY_CLASSLOADING so it gets
started before any application classes that you want to enhance are loaded.

thanks
david jencks

On Jul 7, 2010, at 8:18 AM, Jigar Shah wrote:

> Hi, In my application, In our application, we are using AsjpectJ. When I had deployed
application on Tomcat, it had given me error like below. Error: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException:
Error creating bean with name 'org.springframework.context.weaving.AspectJWeavingEnabler#0':
Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException:
Error creating bean with name 'loadTimeWeaver': Initialization of bean failed; nested exception
is java.lang.IllegalStateException: ClassLoader [org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader]
does NOT provide an 'addTransformer(ClassFileTransformer)' method. Specify a custom LoadTimeWeaver
or start your Java virtual machine with Spring's agent: -javaagent:spring-agent.jar After
that I have set JVM variable -javaagent as below -javaagent:"{user.home}\.m2\repository\org\springframework\spring-instrument\3.0.0.RELEASE\spring-instrument-3.0.0.RELEASE.jar"
After setting above property, my problem was resolved. I am using IntellijIdea editor. But,
Now when I deploy my application on Geronimo it is throwing below error. Error: ------ org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException:
Error creating bean with name 'org.springframework.context.weaving.AspectJWeavingEnabler#0':
Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException:
Error creating bean with name 'loadTimeWeaver': Initialization of bean failed; nested exception
is java.lang.IllegalStateException: ClassLoader [org.apache.geronimo.kernel.classloader.JarFileClassLoader]
does NOT provide an 'addTransformer(ClassFileTransformer)' method. Specify a custom LoadTimeWeaver
or start your Java virtual machine with Spring's agent: -javaagent:spring-agent.jar Geronimo
is on Linux machine. So, I am not getting how to resolve above issue. I am sure that I have
to set -javaagent variable somewhere but I don't know where and how to configure it. Notes:
1. Editor I am using is IntellijIdea 2. I am using maven Please guide me regarding it. Please
ask if you want more details. Thanks