Could you please try with the latest version Geronimo 2.1.5 ?  There may be a bug in Geronimo 2.1.4.

2010/6/2 Tannu Agarwal <tagarwal@us.ibm.com>

Hi Chi,

Thanks for the response.

However i am still facing same problem. Logs of both the application is going into one log file.

I tried the solution proposed by you. Following is the plan file which i am using during deployment:

(See attached file: geronimo-web.xml)

Please let me know if i am missing something.

Thanks,
Tannu

Inactive hide details for chi runhua ---06/02/2010 01:37:48 PM---log4j.appender.FILE.File=${catalina.home}/logs/logs.log is usechi runhua ---06/02/2010 01:37:48 PM---log4j.appender.FILE.File=${catalina.home}/logs/logs.log is used to define where you log file is. Sin

chi runhua <chirunhua@gmail.com>

dev@geronimo.apache.org

06/02/2010 01:37 PM

Re: Application specific log4j issue

log4j.appender.FILE.File=${catalina.home}/logs/logs.log is used to define where you log file is. Since you want application specific log configuration. You need to define different log4j.appender.FILE.file attributes in order to make sure application logs into its own log file.Then use ApplicationLog4jConfigurationGBean to define where your log4j.properties is.

The problem that both the application goes into one log file, which was created last, might be caused that both your application use the same package name, such as com.ibm. Thus, the log4j instance will use the same key as og4j.logger.com.ibm=DEBUG,FILE.  You can "hide" the parent log4j instance of Geronimo server by using <hidden-classes/> element in your deployment plan. Accordingly, you should add the dependency of log4j as followed to initiate separate log4j instance for your application.

<hidden-classes><filter>log4j</filter></hidden-classes>

<dependencies>
   <dependency>
          <groupId>log4j</groupId>
          <artifactId>log4j</artifactId>
    </dependency>
</dependencies>

Hope this helps. Anything incorrect, please chime in.

Jeff Chi