geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Tannu Agarwal <tagar...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Application specific log4j issue
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2010 15:05:45 GMT

Ivan,

Yes, we are using commons-logging. Could you give me an example on how to
add the filter segment and dependency segment for commons-logging.

  From:       Ivan <xhhsld@gmail.com>

  To:         dev@geronimo.apache.org

  Date:       06/02/2010 07:34 PM

  Subject:    Re: Application specific log4j issue

I think that you might not use log4j api directly in your application,
maybe commons-logging is used ? If does, add it to the filter segment and
depdency segment in your geronimo-web.xml, also remove the log4j gbean
configuration, it might not be needed here.

2010/6/2 Kevan Miller <kevan.miller@gmail.com>

  On Jun 1, 2010, at 8:47 AM, Tannu Agarwal wrote:

  > Hi,
  >
  > We are using geronimo Version 2.1.4. We are facing issue when we
  configure application specific log4j. We have two applications which get
  deployed on Geronimo. When we start the application separate log files
  gets created for both the application but all the logs for both the
  application goes into one log file log (file which gets created last). In
  other words, all logs are written as per the log4j configuration of the
  application that was deployed most recently.

  I sent a response to your previous question on the same subject. Did you
  not receive it?

  Have ou looked at the following documentation?
  https://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/configuring-application-specific-logging-with-log4j.html

  --kevan

--
Ivan