geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: openejpa mapping char to int again....
Date Wed, 30 Jun 2010 12:00:14 GMT

On Jun 30, 2010, at 2:32 AM, David Jencks wrote:

> Back in April 2007 I ran into this problem:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA-221
>
> and just ran into it again in the tck.
>
> There's a char field in a jpa data object and somehow openjpa is mapping the char 'a'
to the string "97" rather than the CHAR 'a' or the integer 97.

> Apparently the fix is to configure openjpa with      <property name="openjpa.jdbc.DBDictionary"
value="StoreCharsAsNumbers=false"/> but I can't find any evidence geronimo was configured
this way, either by default or in the tck configuration.

> Unfortunately I can't figure out what I did to solve this last time.  Anyone have any
recollection or ideas?

Hmm. Was the old "fix" to set the DBDictionary to OpenJPA's DerbyDictionary? i.e. setting
openjpa.jdbc.DBDictionary=org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.DerbyDictionary in the PersistenceUnitBulder
GBean for the tck configuration?

You made that change in TCK revision # 2289 on May 3, 2007. So, the dates seem to work out.
From what I see StoreCharsAsNumbers should be false for the OpenJPA dictionaries for DB2/Derby.
So, there may have been other OpenJPA fixes (not via your Jira) that were required to make
this work...

--kevan