geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Forrest Xia <forres...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: About G Samples 3.0-M1 release
Date Wed, 23 Jun 2010 13:08:15 GMT
On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 10:01 PM, Donald Woods <dwoods@apache.org> wrote:

> We should create the required datasource plugins for the Aries Blog,
> along with plugin wrappers for Blog and AriesTrade to make it easier to
> install.

I will try that, but not so confident if the 3.0-M1 car-maven-plugin allows
to do that.

> We also have some patches over in OpenJPA for Daytrader to use the new
> JPA 2.0 Criteria API, but not sure how we want to integrate those yet...

Can we have a patch against the daytrader in samples trunk? and I will try
to merge it into the samples.

> As far as removing unsupported Samples, we are releasing the full
> JavaEE6 assemblies in M1 (web profile assemblies were added to trunk
> after the M1 branch was created), so as long as the samples work on that
> assembly, I don't see why we should only provide Web Profile samples.

Unfortunately, G 3.0-M1 is lack of EAR support, most of Java EE 5 samples
won't work on it. Even for the javaee6 category,  only 4 of 9 samples works
so far.

I know there are lot of other features that G 3.0-M1 implemented but not
demod via the current samples set. It let us know there are more work to do
on the samples and testsuite aspect. I will try keep working on them.

Forrest