geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From chi runhua <chirun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Application specific log4j issue
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2010 08:06:35 GMT
log4j.appender.FILE.File=${catalina.home}/logs/logs.log is used to define
where you log file is. Since you want application specific log
configuration. You need to define different log4j.appender.FILE.file
attributes in order to make sure application logs into its own log file.Then
use ApplicationLog4jConfigurationGBean to define where your log4j.properties
is.

The problem that both the application goes into one log file, which was
created last, might be caused that both your application use the same
package name, such as com.ibm. Thus, the log4j instance will use the same
key as og4j.logger.com.ibm=DEBUG,FILE.  You can "hide" the parent log4j
instance of Geronimo server by using <hidden-classes/> element in your
deployment plan. Accordingly, you should add the dependency of log4j as
followed to initiate separate log4j instance for your application.

<hidden-classes><filter>log4j</filter></hidden-classes>
<dependencies>
   <dependency>
          <groupId>log4j</groupId>
          <artifactId>log4j</artifactId>
    </dependency>
</dependencies>

Hope this helps. Anything incorrect, please chime in.

Jeff Chi