geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Ivan <xhh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Geronimo Customized Tomcat 7.0.0.1
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2010 01:09:38 GMT
I checked the Tomcat's own NOTICE files, we do not distribute those
components in the customized Tomcat release.

Quoted from NOTICE file :

The Windows Installer is built with the Nullsoft Scriptable Install System
(NSIS), which is open source software. The original software and related
information is available at http://nsis.sourceforge.net.
Java compilation software for JSP pages is provided by Eclipse, which is
open source software. The original software and related information is
available at http://www.eclipse.org. For the bayeux implementation
The org.apache.cometd.bayeux API is derivative work originating at the Dojo
Foundation * Copyright 2007-2008 Guy Molinari * Copyright 2007-2008 Filip
Hanik * Copyright 2007 Dojo Foundation * Copyright 2007 Mort Bay Consulting
Pty. Ltd.
The original XML Schemas for Java EE Deployment Descriptors: - javaee_5.xsd
- javaee_web_services_1_2.xsd - javaee_web_services_client_1_2.xsd -
javaee_6.xsd - javaee_web_services_1_3.xsd -
javaee_web_services_client_1_3.xsd - web-app_3_0.xsd - web-common_3_0.xsd -
web-fragment_3_0.xsd - jsp_2_2.xsd may be obtained from
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/

In the LICENSE file, I found other licenses except for ASL in the following
:
1.  Eclipse Public License - v 1.0
2. zlib/libpng license.
3. bzip2 license.
4. Common Public License version 1.0.
5. COMMON DEVELOPMENT AND DISTRIBUTION LICENSE (CDDL) Version 1.0

All those licenses are for Tomcat sub components.

I am not quite familiar those license issues, but since we do not distribute
those components, we should not require to add them.
Comments ?

--
Ivan