geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "rahul.soa" <>
Subject Re: Use FindBugs to scan Geronimo codes
Date Sat, 12 Jun 2010 10:57:03 GMT
Hi Ivan,

I never used this tool before. But I just downloaded it (also eclipse plugin
so i can use this in my workspace) and gave a try. It sounds a very useful
tool. I ran it on whole Geronimo-2.2 and also noticed many areas (referred
by FindBugs) to improve. Many thanks for this information.

Out of curiosity I tried finding similar tools and found the following page
(that might interest you) as you can also customize it with your own rule.

<>Thanks again Ivan for this
tool, now at least this tool can point me to my error code.

Kindest Regards,

On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 8:09 AM, Ivan <> wrote:

> Hi,
>     Has anyone use FindBugs or other simliar tools to scan Geronimo codes ?
> Just try to do it with geronimo-tomcat component, and do find many things
> that need to be improved.
>     In my opinion, it is a good tool to prevent us ( at least me :-) ) to
> make some stupid mistakens. I would try to use it for those components which
> I am working on.
>     Here is the link for the site, suppose anyone is interested in it.
>     If you use Eclipse, a link could be
> used to install the plugin.
> --
> Ivan