geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Geronimo 3.0-M1 release
Date Sun, 06 Jun 2010 13:38:53 GMT

> On Jun 5, 2010, at 12:09 PM, Kevan Miller wrote:
>

>> Source, signatures, and build all look good to me. Spot checks of jar file legal
information looks good. Assemblies start. I didn't run any extensive tests, but didn't see
any functional problems.

>> Major issues:
>>
>> license/notice files in assemblies are different than the source license/notice files.
"different" is ok. The binary notice file is using a different format. I can live with that.
However, it seems to be missing content... I suspect that it's a NOTICE file that we used
for a G 2.1.x release...

>> For this reason, I'm -1 for release.
>>
>> Minor issues, which, IMO, do not necessarily require fixing:
>>
>> Binary distributions do not include any documentation. They should include release
notes/readme, etc. Information on how to run geronimo. Looks like the 2.2 releases didn't
include this doc, either. We did in 2.1.x. Given new commands, etc. Would be really good to
have some documentation included in the distribution... I could easily call this a major issue...

>> I get the following WARNINGS during server startup:
>> WARN  [aries] Managed persistence context support is no longer available for use
with the Aries Blueprint container
sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@553f5d07
>> WARN  [SystemProperties] Existing Property=openejb.log.factory is already set to
Value=org.apache.openejb.util.PaxLogStreamFactory
>> WARN  [XBeanNamespaceHandler] Could not load class: org.apache.activemq.network.jms.JmsTopicConnector
due to org/springframework/jndi/JndiTemplate
>> 2010-06-05 11:31:14,239 WARN  [XBeanNamespaceHandler] Could not load class: org.apache.activemq.spring.SpringSslContext
due to org/springframework/core/io/Resource
>> 2010-06-05 11:31:14,242 WARN  [XBeanNamespaceHandler] Could not load class: org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerService
due to org/springframework/context/ApplicationContextAware
>> 2010-06-05 11:31:14,276 WARN  [XBeanNamespaceHandler] Could not load class: org.apache.activemq.network.jms.JmsQueueConnector
due to org/springframework/jndi/JndiTemplate
>> 2010-06-05 11:31:14,320 WARN  [XBeanNamespaceHandler] Could not load class: org.apache.activemq.spring.ActiveMQXAConnectionFactory
due to org/springframework/beans/factory/BeanNameAware
>> 2010-06-05 11:31:14,452 WARN  [XBeanNamespaceHandler] Could not load class: org.apache.activemq.store.PersistenceAdapterFactoryBean
due to org/springframework/beans/factory/FactoryBean
>> 2010-06-05 11:31:14,455 WARN  [XBeanNamespaceHandler] Could not load class: org.apache.activemq.spring.ActiveMQConnectionFactory
due to org/springframework/beans/factory/BeanNameAware

> These warnings are unfortunately expected until activemq moves their spring dependent
classes to another jar.  Not sure if this will ever happen.

Then we should be suppressing the log messages:

# XBean - Suppress "could not load" warnings for Spring classes
log4j.logger.org.apache.xbean.blueprint.context.impl.XBeanNamespaceHandler=ERROR

--kevan