geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Geronimo Customized Tomcat 7.0.0.1
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2010 03:28:09 GMT

is open source software. The original software and related information is available at http://nsis.sourceforge.net.

> Java compilation software for JSP pages is provided by Eclipse, which is open source
software. The original software and related information is available at http://www.eclipse.org.
For the bayeux implementation
> The org.apache.cometd.bayeux API is derivative work originating at the Dojo Foundation
* Copyright 2007-2008 Guy Molinari * Copyright 2007-2008 Filip Hanik * Copyright 2007 Dojo
Foundation * Copyright 2007 Mort Bay Consulting Pty. Ltd.
> The original XML Schemas for Java EE Deployment Descriptors: - javaee_5.xsd - javaee_web_services_1_2.xsd
- javaee_web_services_client_1_2.xsd - javaee_6.xsd - javaee_web_services_1_3.xsd - javaee_web_services_client_1_3.xsd
- web-app_3_0.xsd - web-common_3_0.xsd - web-fragment_3_0.xsd - jsp_2_2.xsd may be obtained
from http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/

> In the LICENSE file, I found other licenses except for ASL in the following :
> 1.  Eclipse Public License - v 1.0
> 2. zlib/libpng license.
> 3. bzip2 license.
> 4. Common Public License version 1.0.
> 5. COMMON DEVELOPMENT AND DISTRIBUTION LICENSE (CDDL) Version 1.0
>
> All those licenses are for Tomcat sub components.
>
> I am not quite familiar those license issues, but since we do not distribute those components,
we should not require to add them.
> Comments ?

As long as the LICENSE/NOTICE information do not cover any of the source/binaries that we
are releasing, then that sounds correct.

--kevan