geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] change 2.2 branch build JDK from 6 to 5
Date Thu, 17 Jun 2010 16:26:53 GMT

On Jun 17, 2010, at 11:33 AM, Rick McGuire wrote:

> On 6/17/2010 11:20 AM, Donald Woods wrote:
>> I'd be fine with requiring Java SE 6 for 2.2.1 and follow-on releases.
>>

> Is that even allowed by the Java EE 5 certification rules?

Yes, but I don't think it really matters. I don't think we have any real motivation to move
to Java 6 -- there aren't Java 6 features that we're planning on taking advantage of... It's
simply someone "built" on Java 6 and found that they had problems subsequently "running" on
Java 5.

IMO, we should be building on Java 5 (maintaining support for Java 5), if users want to run
on Java 6, that's fine...

--kevan