geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <>
Subject Re: About G Samples 3.0-M1 release
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2010 14:35:49 GMT
I'll go ahead and update the wiki directions for the Apache Aries Blog &
AriesTrader samples now that 3.0-M1 is released.  I had already
volunteered to do this in an email last week before the release vote was

Anybody is welcome to go ahead and make a plugin for the datasource that
Donald mentioned.  I personally don't see a big need for this.  It isn't
much different for the user to deploy the XML verses a plugin.  I think
the XML is a little more straight forward and matches more closely what
a user would have to do initially for their own application.  One of the
values in doing the plugin would be be that it provides a released
artifact (once included in a Samples release) rather than just pulling a
file attached to the wiki page as we do today.

On 6/21/10 10:29 PM, Ivan wrote:
> 2010/6/22 Forrest Xia < <>>
>     Hi all,
>     Since G 3.0-M1 is released, I will do a release for samples.
>     When I am doing this, I have these things to discuss here:
>     1. For the current samples in the trunk, we've have some Java EE 6
>     samples ready, but no OSGi samples yet. My thought is to use
>     available Aries samples directly, including AriesTrader and Blog,
>     and I will update the samples document about how to run the Aries
>     samples on the 3.0-M1 release.
>     2. Since 3.0-M1 is a web profile only release, some of old java ee 5
>     and java ee 6 samples won't work, do we release the ones which now
>     does not work?
>      If some samples could not work on the released M1, I think that we
> should not release them
>     Any thoughts?
>     Forrest
> --