geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <dwo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Discussion] How to display help informations on the Console
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2010 14:01:44 GMT
#1-3 are good usability improvements.

Can we use Dojo for #4-6?  Seems hover help would be the best option, as
adding an example beside/below every field could require a lot of screen
area and doesn't cover the cases for links (like
Start/Stop/Restart/Delete....).  Also, the portlet help page should
include the same text as the hoover help (which should be the same
resource strings), plus additional help text if needed.

#7 requires us to stop reorganizing the User Docs and would mean we
couldn't rename pages.  If we go this route, we should include a hidden
comment on each doc page with a reference back to the portlet that has a
link to it, so we know not to rename the page unless the portlet link is
updated too.

-Donald