geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Geronimo 3.0-M1 release
Date Sat, 05 Jun 2010 04:02:00 GMT

On Jun 4, 2010, at 5:22 PM, Jarek Gawor wrote:

> I'm not sure how critical this is but there is a bunch of "server"
> modules that are not built by default (only with 'mini-servers'
> profile) that still use 3.0-M1-SNAPSHOT version in their poms.
>
> Similar thing with in testsuites but those modules will never be build
> since they are commented out in the poms.

When I did 2.2 I tried to deal with this by including all these projects in the "all-submodules"
profile and configuring the deploy plugin with "skip" so they would have their versions upgraded
by the release plugin, and get built, but not deployed.  ( I built the release with -Papache-release,all-submodules)

I don't have an opinion yet on whether we should fix this for M1.  If we re-roll M1 for other
reasons I would definitely want it fixed.

thanks
david jencks