geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From c_das007 <c_das...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: How my PHP application will work in Geronimo
Date Sat, 19 Jun 2010 05:59:02 GMT

Hi Kevin,

I have already described about the error just few reply above.

Please check it.

I am describing little bit about curl.
cURL stands for Client for URLs. It allows us to transfer files having URL
syntax. It supports FTP, FTPS, HTTP, HTTPS, SCP, SFTP, TFTP, TELNET, DICT,
LDAP, LDAPS and FILE.

I have developed one application in php in XAMPP. Which is a cloud
application for windows azure. Initially I was getting one error like this.
"PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'Microsoft_Http_Transport_Exception'
with message 'cURL extension has to be loaded to use
Microsoft_Http_Transport_Curl.". To resolve this what I got from net we have
to enable curl first. if you call phpinfo() inside php file. Then you will
get the information related to curl also whether curl is enabled or not.
I resolved it by following the below steps.
Step 1 - Open the following .ini files in your notepad.  (Note: You could
not directly open the .ini files. So First go to Notepad and locate the
following files)

C:\Program Files\xampp\apache\bin\php.ini
C:\Program Files\xampp\php\php.ini
C:\Program Files\xampp\php\php4\php.ini
Step 2 - Uncomment the following line on those php.ini files by removing the
semicolon ( ; ).

;extension=php_curl.dll

Example:

; extension=php_curl.dll - Before uncommenting

extension=php_curl.dll - After uncommenting.

Step 3 - After uncommenting, save the files. and restart the Apache Server.
or Restart your computer. Thats all.

After doing this, my error got resolved.

When I run the same application inside JavaBridge of Apache Geroinimo. I am
getting the similar error. I think similar kind of way I have to follow here
also. Here its not working. Its throwing some exception related
"php-cgi-x86-windows.exe". But I am not getting much help from internet as
well. I have attached the image of initial error. PSA.

http://apache-geronimo.328035.n3.nabble.com/file/n907199/Php_Curl_Error.gif

Hope, this time you will be able to understand what I am trying to say. If
you have any query then please let me know.

Is there any way to resolve it or does PHP JavaBridge of Geronimo fully
supports PHP application. If you have any solution or any idea regarding on
this, then please share with me.

Thanks