geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject openejpa mapping char to int again....
Date Wed, 30 Jun 2010 06:32:26 GMT
Back in April 2007 I ran into this problem:

and just ran into it again in the tck.

There's a char field in a jpa data object and somehow openjpa is mapping the char 'a' to the
string "97" rather than the CHAR 'a' or the integer 97.

Apparently the fix is to configure openjpa with      <property name="openjpa.jdbc.DBDictionary"
value="StoreCharsAsNumbers=false"/> but I can't find any evidence geronimo was configured
this way, either by default or in the tck configuration.

Unfortunately I can't figure out what I did to solve this last time.  Anyone have any recollection
or ideas?

thanks
david jencks