geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Recover the configurationBaseUrl attribute temporary ?
Date Wed, 19 May 2010 06:26:38 GMT

On May 18, 2010, at 10:54 PM, Ivan wrote:

> Hi,
>     In the past, we have a magic attribute configurationBaseUrl which will be injected
while starting the gbeans. After moving to OSGI environment, it is removed as all the components
are running in OSGI cache.
> While looking at some web service codes, it is still refered in many places. And in the
new OSGi environment, it should be replaced with something like bundle.getEntry etc. But before
doing those changes, I am thinking to recover the configurationBaseUrl attribute temporary,
using
> -->
> URL baseURL = configuration.getBundle().getEntry("/");
> gbeanData.setAttribute("configurationBaseUrl", baseURL);
> <---
> In my environment, it works.
> Any thought ?

I don't think it will work for a module embedded in an ear.  The uses I changed were all for
wars and needed it to point to the directory in the unpacked car file the war was at.

What will bringing this attribute back allow you to do that you can't do locally and eliminate
before committing?

thanks
david jencks