geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject [VOTE] Geronimo jaspi component 1.1
Date Wed, 05 May 2010 23:31:17 GMT
Please vote for the geronimo-jaspi 1.1 component.

The major changes to this release are:
- packaged as an osgi bundle
- fairly non-functional classloading in 1.0 replaced by Rick's ProviderLocator that actually
works in osgi.
- dependencies upgraded to use bundleized dependencies.

I spent some time trying to get the manifest entries to look reasonable to me.  Since this
is the first osgi release I put the package-version at 1.0.  The import version ranges are

<_versionpolicy>[$(version;==;$(@)),$(version;+;$(@)))</_versionpolicy>
for everything except the self-imports which are [1.0,1.1).

I suppose it would have been better to use this version range for the jaspic spec as well,
but I didn't.  There's always something.  Maybe next time the maven-bundle-plugin will do
this for us.

Staging repo is here:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachegeronimo-012/

tag is here:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/components/jaspi/tags/geronimo-jaspi-1.1/

Vote open 72 hours

[ ] +1 release this
[ ] 0 don't care
[ ] -1 don't release this (please explain)

thanks
david jencks