geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: preventing build rot
Date Sun, 09 May 2010 06:51:24 GMT

On May 7, 2010, at 9:15 PM, Jarek Gawor wrote:

> Will I be able to build M1 with Maven 2.2.1 after your Maven 3
> changes? If yes, then I'm -0 but if not, then I'm -1 because it's
> kinda late to make any type of build changes and these changes always
> generate more problems.

I couldn't find any problems with 2.2.1 building the server so I commtted the changes.  See

I'm having trouble running the testsuite and the it profile with both 2.2.1 and 3 but the
automated tests don't seem to be having problems with 2.2.1 with the testsuite.

Let me know if this causes any problems.

thanks
david jencks

> Jarek
>
> On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 8:36 PM, David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> I think it's about time to upgrade genesis to the apache 7 pom and see what we can
leave out,

>> and also to upgrade to maven 3.  I have the build running on maven 3 locally and
plan to commit the required changes shortly.  After trying it out I really don't want to go
back :-)

>> Along with the generally better user experience with maven 3 we'll be able to start
using import scope reliably.

>> I don't see a problem with the changes to make maven 3 work for the 3.0 M! -- I don't
want to require maven 3 for it -- but upgrading genesis is certainly a post-m1 activity.