geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Web services in G 3.0-M1
Date Fri, 21 May 2010 17:06:15 GMT
good idea

david jencks

On May 21, 2010, at 3:07 AM, Rick McGuire wrote:

> Jarek Gawor brought to my attention that the web services support in 3.0 has not yet
gotten any testing or attention.  While it builds, it is in a state where it doesn't really
work.  Since the focus of the M1 release is on the new Aries support and the Java EE 6 Web
Profile, I think it makes sense to remove the web services components from the M1 release.
 Web services are not part of the Web Profile, so including them in the 3.0 Web Profile release
was a bit of a stretch goal to begin with.  Since this support might not be in the 3.0 final
release and isn't really functional at this point anyway, I'm going to be removing the web
services support from the M1 branch.