geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Trunk snapshot dependencies
Date Tue, 11 May 2010 20:43:16 GMT

On May 10, 2010, at 5:25 PM, Rick McGuire wrote:

> On 5/10/2010 6:35 PM, David Blevins wrote:

>>> David,
>>>
>>> I'm getting a test failure in openejb-core when I try to build this version,
but I'm not sure I understand what's going wrong.  Here's the failure information, but from
the data displayed here, it looks like this should be passing?  Could this possibly be a Windows
vs. unix linend problem?

>> Likely, though svn should be giving both files the same line endings.  This file
should have appropriate line endings for your system:

>>   container/openejb-core/src/test/resources/convert/oej2/simple/openejb-jar-expected.xml
>>
> The file appears to have crlf endings like I would expect.  I uncommented the couple
of lines in the test case that dumped the expected and actual strings, and this is what I
got:

> expected = "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
> <openejb-jar xmlns="http://www.openejb.org/openejb-jar/1.1">
>    <properties>module.property.b=valueb
> module.property.a=valuea
> </properties>
>    <ejb-deployment ejb-name="FooBean" deployment-id="FooBean">
>        <jndi interface="Local" name="thename"/>
>        <jndi interface="Remote" name="anothername"/>
>        <jndi interface="LocalHome" name="loldstyle"/>
>        <jndi interface="RemoteHome" name="roldstyle"/>
>        <properties>bean.property.b=valueb
> bean.property.a=valuea
> </properties>
>    </ejb-deployment>
> </openejb-jar>"
> actual = "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
> <openejb-jar xmlns="http://www.openejb.org/openejb-jar/1.1">
>    <properties>module.property.b=valueb&#xD;
> module.property.a=valuea&#xD;
> </properties>
>    <ejb-deployment ejb-name="FooBean" deployment-id="FooBean">
>        <jndi interface="Local" name="thename"/>
>        <jndi interface="Remote" name="anothername"/>
>        <jndi interface="LocalHome" name="loldstyle"/>
>        <jndi interface="RemoteHome" name="roldstyle"/>
>        <properties>bean.property.b=valueb&#xD;
> bean.property.a=valuea&#xD;
> </properties>
>    </ejb-deployment>
> </openejb-jar>"
>
> I'm guessing the problem is caused by the &#xD; entities at the line break positions,
but I'm not sure where those are getting generated.  Nor am I certain if the problem is caused
because those are generated or the Diff class is not processing them correctly.

Hmm.  Not sure what to do about the test.  The results are good (&#xD; is fine), just
the Diff class is being too picky.

If push comes to shove we can comment the test out temporarily.

-David