geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From chi runhua <chirun...@gmail.com>
Subject Console and OSGi
Date Mon, 17 May 2010 06:01:51 GMT
Hi devs,

Since Geronimo supports both OSGi and Aries applications as well as Java EE
apps as always, I think we might need certain portlets for OSGI/Aries
features.

I can think of following items to improve the console:
1. Bundles/EBA/WBA installation  -- Will we leverage current Deployer
portlet?
2. Bundle repository management  -- Will we leverage current
repository/plugins portlets?
3. Blueprint status -  this one might require a new portlet?

And we are planning to re-org the console in 3.0, it would be a good start
to figure out which portlets might be required for new OSGi/Aries features.
Likewise, we could have a clearer view for G3.0 documents.

Any comments?

Jeff C